The Institute is recognised by SAQA as the Professional Body for Compliance Officers. Many employers require membership of the Institute as a prerequisite for employment as a compliance officer.
Your membership puts you in touch with a network of top compliance officers and provides access to a range of benefits that will position you for a rewarding career in compliance and set you apart.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
There are no specific minimum requirements, other than complying with our code of ethics and proving student membership, if you opt for a student membership type. If you are interested in a career in compliance, you are welcome to become a member. Everyone's starting point is different, but with the Institute's guidance, training and designation offerings, you can build the career of your choice.
Thought leadership and continuous professional development (CPD)
Certification (local and international) The Institute has a fully fledged professionalism programme which includes two SAQA-recognised designations:
- Access to the Generally Accepted Compliance Practice (GACP) framework, containing essential Principles, Standards and Guidelines
Access to a principles-based Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Training courses covering topics that are relevant today
Access to the Contemporary Gazette legal database
- Subscription to the Compliance Institute SA newsletters
The Institute is a member of the International Federation of Compliance Associations (IFCA). When you hold our designations, you also qualify for the International Certified Compliance Professional (ICCP) certificate.
- Compliance Practitioner CPrac (SA)
- Compliance Professional CProf (SA)
- International Certified Compliance Professional (ICCP)
- An Occupational Qualification for Compliance Officers which is currently offered through a number of QCTO-approved Skills Development Providers (SDP's). We offer the final exam for this qualification.
Networking and career advancement
- Discounts on annual conferences and training courses are held which not only provides the ability to accumulate CPD hours, but also provide excellent networking opportunities
Member discounted rates for conferences, forums and workshops
- Member discounted rates for fundamental and advanced CPD training courses
Free CPD opportunities, e.g. Business Brief subscription, discussion forums
Have your say
- Career Portal - Job Advertising
- Members have the opportunity to participate in industry-related sub-committees and working groups that serves as networking opportunities with individuals in the compliance field.
- Members in good standing may vote at the Institute’s Annual General Meeting and are eligible to be nominated and voted onto the Board of Directors.